Upcycling A Wreath

I bet this looks familiar. It should. You’ve seen it before. Several times.

Maybe I should remind you.

This is what it looked like the first year I got it. All the traditional fall colors and I even painted my door a super dark brown to go with it.

This is what it looked like the following year. I wasn’t wanting such bright fall colors so I painted some of the leaves on it using metallic craft paint and I also painted the sunflowers.

This year I wanted it even more neutral and there was no point in buying a new wreath. I just changed this one a little using things I already had on hand. I started by removing the sunflowers and the cattails and the berries and only left the leaves and the pods.

I almost left it like this. Sometimes it’s nice to have something a bit more simple. The reason I didn’t was that the flowers and things that I removed had been hot glued on and you could see blobs of glue after I removed the items. I didn’t particularly care for that.

So I added some wheat colored sunflowers and leaves, some other varied leaves and a couple mini pumpkins. I just pushed the stems of all these things into the wreath and didn’t use any glue or anything so that it’s easy to change it out next year.

And here is what it looks like on my door. I haven’t done anything to this porch area yet except for putting my layered rugs out. I’ll add more soon and show you what I end up doing…..it’s all still in my head for now.

I’m really liking the more neutral look of this wreath.

Happy fall, y’all.

I'd love to hear from you...

%d bloggers like this: